01 Aug When to see the dermatologist?
Dermatologists specialize in treating the most common conditions that include acne, skin cancer, dermatitis, infections, hair loss, nail problems, etc. They can also treat cosmetic issues, helping to revitalize the appearance of the skin, hair, and nails.
When to see a dermatologist:
- Everyone has pimples and blackheads, but for many people, medicine which is available over the counter may not be effective. If your acne is widespread on your face or body and products from your local drugstore aren’t helping, it’s time to see a doctor.
- If you have a persistent mole problem, you better see a dermatologist. Dermatologists can help you learn how to do regular skin check-ups or screenings.
- If you are dealing with stubborn acne. There is no shame in seeing a dermatologist help you deal with this skin condition.
- If your skin is dry, itchy, and irritated. Dermatologists will help, prescribe medications or recommend another form of treatment.
- If there are any scars from acne, blemishes, or cuts and scrapes. A dermatologist could help you with laser treatment therapy, microdermabrasion, and others that can help you reduce scarring.
- If you’re persistent with skin irritation. A dermatologist will help you to treat itchy, red, flaky skin when OTC creams and lotions aren’t working. People think that the cause of your dry skin is the weather, using different skincare products, or even genetic factors. But in reality, you could have a chronic skin condition.
- If you are suffering from hair loss or scalp disorder and you have noticed more hair than usual on your pillow in the morning. Dermatologists will recommend laser therapies or other treatments to keep you looking your best. You will have to take preventive therapies before your hair loss makes a bigger impact on your life.
Dr. Lipy Gupta is the best Dermatologist in Delhi. She can look after your skin’s health and also help you avoid skin issues later in life, like premature aging or skin damage.